Over a million dollars has been granted from the fund since its inception.
A generous bequest from Mary Youse Maxon in 1984 resulted in the establishment of the Psi Iota Xi Charitable Endowment Trust. Alpha Chapter uses earnings from the trust to award endowment grants and scholarships.
Any member of Alpha Chapter in good standing is eligible to sponsor a grant proposal. Presentations are made in March to the membership. The Endowment Request Committee consists of the current Alpha Board President, the President, Vice President and Treasurer of Charities, Inc. and 3 members appointed by the President of Charities, Inc. serving staggered 3-year terms. The committee reviews the grant requests, surveys the membership, and makes recommendations for distribution of the funds to the Charities, Inc. Board for approval. The approved resolution is then presented to the Alpha Board for their endorsement. Endowment grant request guidelines are as follows:
- Each Grant Request must be sponsored by two or more active, golden honorary active, honorary active or sustaining members in good standing.
- The Sponsors shall act as liaisons between the requesting organization and the Endowment Request Committee.
- The project should be in keeping with our sorority goals, enhances the quality of life in Delaware County, and has a positive and lasting effect on our community.
- The requested funds should be for not less than $10,000, be matched by the recipient whenever possible, and not be for operating expenses (wages, maintenance, ongoing expenses, etc.)
- The Grant Request should be for an even amount (i.e. $12,000, not $11,985.)
- The Grant Request should clearly outline the project, stating specifically (itemize) how the requested funds will be used.
- The organization should email or mail the completed Grant Request form to the Endowment Chair. Requests received after the deadline will not be accepted under any circumstances.